Grice House Museum
Travel back through time into the Grice House, which has been furnished entirely by donated items from numerous families to depict life in this part of Huron County, Michigan in the nineteenth and twentieth century. The Grice House was built by James G. Grice , who immigrated to the United States from Lancashire, England in 1850 with his wife, Jane, and with five of his seven sons and one daughter to Windsor, Connecticut. In 1856 the family moved to Forester, Michigan (Sanilac County) where James G. took a position as engineer in a saw mill. James G. later built a shingle-mill at Sand Beach (now named Harbor Beach) in Huron County Michigan.